Policies & Procedures
The Surrey Board of Education is committed to providing safe and caring environments in which all learners can achieve academic excellence, personal growth and responsible citizenship.
The board promotes clearly defined behavioural expectations that represent the highest standards of respectful and responsible citizenship and lead to a culture of non-violence among all persons in all schools and at all school-authorized events and activities.
To this end, the board expects that persons will:
- comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws, and with district policy and regulations;
- value and encourage learning and working environments that are inclusive and respectful of the diverse individual, collective, social and cultural needs of our community;
- treat one another with dignity and respect;
- refrain from engaging in, or encouraging acts of violence of any form;
- show care and regard for school property and the property of others;
- take appropriate measures to help those in need; and respect those in positions of authority.