Skip to main content


Transcripts are official documents that indicate a student's successful completion of Grade 11 and 12 courses, course achievement levels (with the exception of I, F and W), program participation, whether the student has completed graduation requirements and honours standing (if the student has a grade point average greater than 3.0).

The Ministry sends transcripts to all Grade 12 and adult education program students in public schools and Group 1, 2 and 4 independent schools at the end of July, regardless of graduation status.

Schools and post-secondary institutions designated by students on Post-Secondary Institution Choices Forms also receive an official printed or electronic copy.

Transcript responsibilities of the Surrey School District

Even though the Ministry provides a transcript service, schools are the official holders of student records. Copies of Ministry of Education-produced transcripts must be maintained for 55 years after a student graduates (or normally would have graduated) as a part of the students' Permanent Record. Schools may issue transcripts upon request, and they have the authority to correct errors and omissions.

How to obtain copies of a transcript or permanent record card.

image description
Back to top