Skip to main content

Student Records


A transcript is an official document that shows your secondary school marks and credits in a British Columbia Graduation Program. It is a listing of a student's academic record relating to a BC Graduation Program, which includes courses completed successfully, grades earned, honours received, and graduation status.

Your transcript, not your Graduation Certificate (diploma), is the legal document proving graduation.

Current Students

Surrey Secondary Schools can provide transcripts for current students and any former students until that individual reaches the age of 22. Please contact the last school attended or registered at for more information. A complete list of secondary schools is available here.

Inactive Students

Official Transcripts, Graduation Certificates and GED records can be obtained from the Ministry of Education in Victoria B.C. online Ministry of Education - Transcripts and Certificates.

Any questions or concerns about ordering official documents from the Ministry of Education can be emailed to

Records Management Services does not store or provide transcripts, unless:

  • You graduated between January 1974 and December 1985
  • Completed a grade 12 course before 1986
  • Did not attend grade 12
  • Attended grade 12 after 1974 in the University Entrance or Academic-Technical Program

If you graduated in 1985 or earlier, Records Management Services will provide a certified and sealed copy of your transcript upon completion of the Request for Student Records form. 

If you require College or University records, you must contact those institutions to obtain those records.

Permanent Student Record (PSR) Card

A Permanent Student Record (PSR) Card is a listing of a student's entire academic record for grades K-12, which includes courses taken, achievement records (excluding provincial exams), absences, schools attended and graduation status.

You may wish to request your PSR for the following reasons:

  • To document marks from courses that do not appear on your transcript (most transcripts only show results from grades 11 and 12)
  • To confirm your attendance at a school
  • To help confirm the language of instruction 
  • To document any other information about your program of instruction

Current Students

Students can obtain a PSR card from the school that they are presently enrolled in or last attended until they reach the age of 22. A complete list of Surrey Schools is available here.

Inactive Students

Students older than 22 can obtain a certified and sealed copy of their PSR card from Records Management Services upon completion of the Request for Student Records form.

Request for Student Records Form

A Request for Student Records form may be faxed, e-mailed or mailed to our office. 

Records will be processed in 3 business days.

To ensure the privacy and security of the student record information, a legible copy of government issued photographic identification must accompany the request form.

If the record is to be picked up by someone other than the student, we require a signed letter of authorization which includes the student's signature along with photo identification of the person picking up the records.

Payment for student records must be received prior to records being released. 

We accept Cash, Debit, Visa, MasterCard or a Money Order made payable to SD #36 (Surrey). The fees are as follows:

$10.00 for the 1st copy, and $5.00 for each additional, inclusive of GST

Unclaimed student records ordered for pick up will be destroyed 6 months after they are issued.

Personal Education Numbers

Your nine-digit PEN can be found on your student records or report card.

To obtain your Personal Education Number (PEN), please contact the Ministry of Education. 

Obtaining your PEN

Your PEN is not required for registration (electronic or otherwise), to any post-secondary institution.

Not having this number cannot deny or delay your registration in any manner.

Businesses Ordering Transcripts

For businesses ordering a transcript for an Education Verification, a client consent form and transcript order form will need to be submitted.

They can be ordered through the BC Ministry of Education website Ministry of Education - Transcripts and Certificates.

If you have any questions, please contact

Legal Requests

Legal requests for student records can be directed to Records Management Services. Please keep in mind that Records Management Services only has records for students born in 1998 and prior. Records for students born after 1998 will be located at the very last school the student was registered at.

Attorneys requesting their client's educational records may send written requests to the following address:

Surrey School District
Records Management Services
14033 92 Avenue
Surrey BC  V3V 0B7

Records Management Services requires the request in writing along with a signed authorization from the former student.

Please include maiden name and/or any other name your client has used, their date of birth and the very last Surrey school.

The fee for this service is $25.00. An invoice will be sent prior to sending the student records to your office.

The content and management of student files is governed by provincial legislation and the Surrey School District's Policy 9705 and Regulation 9705.1.

The confidentiality of student records is maintained at all times; however, records may be made available to parents, guardians or to former students who have attained legal age, in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and other legal entitlements.


NameBusiness PhoneEmail
Records Management

image description
Back to top