Our Aboriginal Enhancement Education Agreement (AEEA) guides our services. The AEEA outlines partners responsible for implementing the vision and goals. These include:
- Aboriginal Education Staff
- School District Departments
- Local Aboriginal Communities
- Surrey School District Aboriginal Educational Council
- Surrey School District's Board of Education
- Ministry of Education
For more information about Aboriginal Enhancement Agreements, click on the Enhancement Agreement tab.
In addition to school and district supports, Aboriginal students receive additional education enhancement services from Aboriginal Learning. The services are provided by:
- Administrative Staff
- Aboriginal Child and Youth Care Workers
- Aboriginal Transitions Facilitators
- Director of Instruction
- District Aboriginal Helping Teachers
- District Principal
- Education Assistants
- First Peoples in Residence Program
- Indigenous Lead Teachers (Elementary)
- Indigenous Graduation Advocates
- Low Number Support Team
Our teacher resource website!
(Created by Surrey District Aboriginal Helping Teachers: click here )
We are the largest district in B.C. and one of the few growing districts in the province. We have 125 kindergarten to Grade 12 schools and serve Surrey, White Rock and the rural area of Barnston Island. We acknowledge that our district is on the shared, unceded, traditional territory of the Katzie, Semiahmoo and Kwantlen Nations. We offer a wide range of education and support programs to students of all ages.