Your Academic Success Starts Here
The Surrey School District is pleased to welcome new students to our schools. To start the student registration process, parents need to fill out and submit an on-line registration application which can be found by clicking This Registration Link. Please attach/upload all required documentation when you fill out the on-line registration. In-person registration at the neighbourhood school in not required.
If the Student is a Refugee Claimant, or a Temporary Resident where the parent holds a temporary Study, Work, Diplomatic, or Minister/Religious Permit the school will forward your registration to the Funding Eligible Branch of the Welcome Centre. Parents may be asked to submit additional documentation to determine if their child is funding eligible according to the Ministry of Education's guidelines. Once your application has been approved, you will be issued an official Letter of Acceptance (LOA) which is required prior to the student being enrolled at their school. This process is explained in this document and further outlined below.
(please refer to information below for additional details and Quick Links).
School Registration Documents for All Students:
At the time of registration, parents must be prepared to provide the following documents:
- Proof of birth date for the student (original birth certificate and/or passport)
- Proof of guardianship (parents' or guardians' as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant document or guardianship document)
- Proof of residence (e.g. ordinarily resident) of parent/legal guardian in BC:
- Three pieces of identification showing the address of residence (purchase or rental agreement, cable, hydro or gas bill, driver's license, etc.)
- One of the three pieces above must be government issued in order to complete the registration process (BC driver's license, BC Services Card, BCID or BC Care Card of parent/legal guardian)
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card)
Documents which are helpful, but not required to register:
- Health Documents (Care Card, immunization records, medical condition information)
- Educational background (i.e. report cards for the last two years)
Funding Eligible Student Registrations:
Parents/legal guardians here on Work Permits, Study Permits, Diplomatic Permits, Minister/Religious Permits or are Refugee Claimants must also include copies of their permits and additional documentation to verify their status. Please click on the category that's relevant to you:
Documents should be included as part of your registration application. Inquiries and follow-up documents can be submitted to the Funding Eligible Branch at: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our Welcome Centre staff are available to assist new families in finding their neighbourhood school, completing their registration forms, etc. if necessary. Please contact the Welcome Centre @604-543 3060.
Kindergarten Registration: Funding Eligible Kindergarten 2021-2022 Registration Form